Cause: - Children Education, Girl Child & Women, Rural Area Development .
Location: - Lucknow ( Uttar Pradesh).
Started in 2008.
Milaan was started by a group of Delhi University students in 2007 in order to educate, enable, and empower students from rural backgrounds. In 2008, the Milaan School was started, with only 10 students and 1 teacher.
We have since expanded in order to address barriers to education for adolescent girls by utilizing our hub school, now with 300 students, as a center to pilot and test programs that can be implemented in government schools. Recognizing that only 1 in 100 girls makes it to class 12 in India (Dasra), Milaan seeks to work with communities and the girls themselves to amplify voices and transform spaces.
Areas of Work
- Educating adolescent girls.
- Rural empowerment.
- Rural education.
- Communication materials design.
- Video creation and documentation.
- Teaching and special classes.
- Teacher Training.
- Interest in rural education.
- Ability to take ownership and drive your projects.
- Excitement and enthusiasm for creating change.
- 3/129, Vidhayakpuram, VinayKhand, Gomti Nagar Lucknow - 226010 ( Uttar Pradesh).
|Name||Designation||Email ID||Ph. No|
|Alyssa Newlon||Communications Director||[email protected]||+91 9919875585|